Niigata Matsuri: Minyo Nagashi Folk Dance
Come dance the Minyo Nagshi !!
Every year during the Niigata Matsuri the people of Niigata flood the streets to dance the Minyo Nagashi across the Bandai Bridge and down the length of Masaya-Koji—and every year the Niigata City International Exchange Foundation organizes a group of foreign residents to participate in this gigantic festival. All participants that come to dance with us will receive a yukata or a happi (guidance on how to wear the garments will be provided by NIFS) as well as instruction on how to dance the steps of the Niigata Jinku (also taught by NIFS volunteers).
To sign up apply by phone, fax, e-mail, or come to our office. Please tell us your name, sex, nationality and telephone number.
*Confirmation responses will be sent to those who apply by fax or e-mail.
- When: August 9th (Fri)
- Where: Crosspal Niigata 2F(International Friendship Center)
- Application Deadline: August 7th (Wed)
- Fee: ¥300/person(Children under three are admitted free of charge)
- 3:30~5:30 p.m. Sign-in
- 3:30~6:00 Changing into your yukata or happi
- 5:30~6:15 Practicing the Niigata Jinku dance moves
- 6:30 Gather at the starting place on Masaya-Koji
- 7:00~8:45 Minyo Nagashi
- 8:45~8:50 Fireworks
- 9:30 Disband